[dev] Re: [musl] Re: [ANN] sabotage 2011-04-09, a musl+busybox based distribution

From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:24:47 +0200

pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> writes:

> My thoughts after testing it a bit.
>
> * why gcc3? i would love to see gcc4.6 with Go support

GCC 3 is only used for bootstraping because it is easy and quick to
build. The system then compiles GCC 4.5.2 as of now.

> * many of the packages included in this distro suck.. in fact. GNU
> software sucks. you only have to check the sourcecode of 'true'
> program.. so i would love if we could just get a base
> system without libtool, autofoo, ncurses and other broken shit.. but
> this is obviously harder if you want to use X11 and most common
> programs.. so we can probably move this task as a 2nd step.

There is no GNU true on the system. And the system is meant to be
self-hosting, thus I need some dependencies. I'm already trying to avoid
most of the crap (e.g. gettext etc.).

> * the build system is quite simple, but it doesnt works for me:
>
> src/fcntl/openat.c: In function `openat':
> src/fcntl/openat.c:19: internal compiler error: in print_reg, at
> ./config/i386/i386.c:7137
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:0: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
> inserted
> {standard input}:22: Error: bad register name `%'
> make: *** [src/fcntl/openat.o] Error 1

What did you run? Which GCC version do you use?

Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org