Re: [dev] [dwm] Patch to support WM_TAKE_FOCUS and InputHint

From: Brendan MacDonell <brendan_AT_macdonell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:13:59 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Peter John Hartman
<peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice.  What apps?
In my case I discovered it though issues with IntelliJ, though some
poking around reveals that it affects many Java applications, such as
JDeveloper, Netbeans, and jEdit, as well as MatLab and Maple.

>Can I ask: Why was this never done to begin with?
In the case of WM_TAKE_FOCUS handling, it actually looks like someone
stumbled on part of the issue in 2009 during a discussion on virtual
keyboards, but the patch was forgotten and never made it into the
tree.

Brendan MacDonell