Re: [dev] [dwm] NetActiveWindow

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:05:31 -0400

> It is then also possible to use "winctrl" and similar tools which
> depend on _NET_CLIENT_LIST.

+1

> While this works great for me, I assume that most people might not
> care about _NET_CLIENT_LIST, and this patch should probably not be
> mainline material.

Why not? I know that the _NET_ stuff is a moving target, but it isn't that
fast. The _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW allowed xlsclients to not yell at me whenever
I tried to run it in dwm; so too this should allow wmctl, etc. to not yell
at me. Others may have stronge opinions, but I, for one, would use this.

Peter

--
sic dicit magister P
PhD Candidate