Re: [dev] st patch for draw() etc.

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:31:37 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Magnus Leuthner
<magnus.leuthner_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> attached is a patch for st-0.1.1 that will make the following changes:
>  - rewrote some of the drawing routines, should be faster now and allows to
> draw the selection while selecting

Nice, applied.

>  - pressing ESC clears selection

I'm not sure about this one. Since you using the mouse for selecting,
why not just click somewhere?

>  - CTRL+left/right jumps words

see above.

> I'm not sure it's implemented to your standards, but it works for me so I'll
> share. Please feel free to modify this in any way you see fit.

Try to use the -u switch for diff next time, it's more readable. Also,
indent with tabs (suckless "guidelines", not mine).

I've also applied your word-line-selection until we find something
better (regex or piping terminal io stuff).

> Please note that the drawing for the selection while selecting only works if
> the -Os option to GCC is omitted. I have not idea why but I would be very
> interested if someone would care to elaborate.

It works here :/ Can anyone someone else try? (-Os is already the
default optimisation in the current makefile, just type make)