[dev][st] Approach to adding -bg colour option to st

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:10:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm considering experimenting with st, but I'm incredibly habituated
to having my terminal windows all with slightly different coloured
backgrounds (so I can "semi-subconsciously" keep track of where the
ones in various directories are). The obvious minimal change would be
to convert DefaultBG and DefaultFG from #define's into full C
variables with defaults and add option partsing code to set them
according to -fg and -bg. (The simplest thing would be to make the
argument be an array index rather than parsing a colour spec.) Before
I start working on a patch, does that sound like the appropriate way
to do this or is there a different way of handling colour that's being
envisaged?

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
computer vision reasearcher: david.tweed_AT_gmail.com