Re: [dev] [st] cleanup patch

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 00:50:25 +0100

Hi,

One thing I've noticed which slows down st massively is the font
declarations in config.def.h. st attempts to find the set of all fonts
which match the given pattern, which is pretty damn slow. It really
ought to default to a specific font, like dwm does with terminus, and
if that fails fall back to "fixed". On my Debian machine that cuts the
load time by an order of magnitude.

The default settings are, quite simply, unusable.

Besides that, st is quite nice. I'm using it as my main terminal
emulator now, so I'll probably help patch it at some point.

Thanks,
cls