Re: [dev] Suckless Smartphone?

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:42:29 +0100

Hey,

On 6 June 2011 19:25, David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> (In general, I'm always a bit surprised how it seems to be perceived
> to be suckless to proscribe the user-level tasks that are allowed. How
> those are implemented yes, but saying that classes of activity are not
> acceptable?)

Only trolls; I hope.

In terms of phones, I'm waiting for the death of SMS and cellular
voice chat. I'd rather SIP, or something similar. Cells should be just
a gateway to the Internet.

Smartphones are invaluable for quick information retrieval from the
web web web, mail, and so on. I occasionally use mine for SSH, but it
is not optimal.

(I would love a hacked Kindle able to act as an e-paper tty.)

In terms of books... I can't stand anything but good old dead tree
format. I spend enough of my day staring into a screen, I'd like some
time along with the printed page.

Thanks,
cls