Re: [dev] Suckless Smartphone?

From: Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:18:51 -0400

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> Smartphones are invaluable for quick information retrieval from the
> web web web, mail, and so on. I occasionally use mine for SSH, but it
> is not optimal.

With a physical keyboard, I find using SSH on an Android phone
painless as long as I don't often need Ctrl (which gives vi an
advantage).

> In terms of books... I can't stand anything but good old dead tree
> format. I spend enough of my day staring into a screen, I'd like some
> time along with the printed page.

Honestly, when I'm reading a book rather than inspecting its medium,
the only noticeable difference between my ebook reader and a real book
is that I don't lose my page when I drop it because I've fallen
asleep.

--Andrew Hills