Re: [dev] Patch for dmenu_path - pass -maxdepth 1 to find(1)

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:23:41 +0100

Hey,

On 6 June 2011 22:10, Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk> wrote:
> If . is part of your PATH (leaving aside questions of whether this is a
> good idea), dmenu_path can be very slow, as it searches the entire tree
> from the working directory for binaries, despite the fact that only
> those immediately in the directory matter.  The following patch passes
> -maxdepth 1 to the find(1) invocations, such that the search is no
> deeper than actually needed to reflect the state of the PATH.

Unfortunately the -maxdepth is unportable, so it isn't a possible
solution for mainline. It is a problem though, although . in $PATH
*is* completely broken. A solution, I suppose, could be to bundle
lsx(1) and patch dmenu_path accordingly... Not sure how I feel about
that. But does lsx even have a repo of its own?

Thanks,
cls