Re: [dev] Experimental editor

From: Yoshi Rokuko <yoshi_AT_rokuko.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:40:45 +0200

+----------------------- Paul Onyschuk -----------+

[...]
> I love the text editor Sam. There is one problem with it - it's stack
> based WM over stack based WM. How to resolve this issue? Just look at
> so called distraction-free editors like FocusWriter[2] - using full
> screen is a feature.

if an application needs more windows these windows should be managed by
the window manager - usually starting multiple instances is enough, so
imho using something like :sp in vim from inside X is stupid.

fullscreen is for me not the point in [2] you can hit alt+m in dwm and
get a fullscreen vim or something - the padding is the point here, it
makes text much more readable.

best regards, yoshi

[...]