Re: [dev] does anyone else think that suckless.org is more about bare-bones minimalism than unix philosophy

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:54:09 -0400

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Andreas Wagner
<andreasbwagner_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Most people here seem more concerned with and interested in radical
> minimalism than modularity. Don't get me wrong, I think suckless
> software is on many points in the spirit of the unix philosophy. I
> just think the principles of composition and as a result modularity
> and separation are being neglected.

That's a bit of 'begging the question' there. There are no universal
'principals of composition'. Modularity is useful to a degree, but it
requires careful consideration to implement. That's what the
discussion of draw.c v. libdraw was about. "Separation" is
meaningless if your data structures are sane.

--
# Kurt H Maier