Re: [dev] does anyone else think that suckless.org is more about bare-bones minimalism than unix philosophy

From: Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:04:05 +0200

Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 09:38:26AM -0400, Andreas Wagner wrote:
>> I just think the principles of composition and as a result modularity
>> and separation are being neglected.
>
> Can you give some examples of where you see this in
> suckless.org's software?

dwm has a built-in status bar rather than using an external program.
dmenu doesn't use sselp anymore (maybe a stretch). Surf has a built-in
progress bar. There are probably some examples in wmii, but I do not
know it well. And all of the above have very good reasons for being the
way they are.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen