Re: [dev] [st] mutt and cursor

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:44:18 +0100

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:34:03 +0400
anonymous <p37sitdu_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:

> Since revision 202 cursor is hidden after I quit from mutt. If I do
> "update 201", everything is ok. I don't know how to fix it right way.
>
> Also "reset" command don't help, cursor is still hidden. Is it a bug?
>
> http://hg.suckless.org/st/rev/0f21f57006c9

I'd say definitely a bug if reset doesn't help, but reset may be unfixable for inescapable historical reasons - the same reason I avoid terminals as much as I can - VT100-descended terminals are too cluttered with crud to be bug-free, and that includes st. In fact it includes any terminal which will work with most ncurses apps.

Anyway, if reset doesn't work, "stty sane" may fix your problem. A longer-term workaround would be to include a cursor-setting escape code in your prompt.