Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: Noah Birnel <nbirnel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:39:02 -0700

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 06:00:49PM +0200, Pieter Praet wrote:
> Color calibration [1] (and frequent recalibration) is mandatory when
> doing *anything* graphics-related for production purposes, as the output
> of any and every visual output device known to man *will* be distorted,
> due to used materials, quality, aging, environmental variables, ...

Part of what I do for a living is large-ish (3x4 ft / 1x1.3 m)
color printouts for trial displays. We don't attempt to calibrate our
monitors for that very reason - we know they *will* be distorted. The
proof of the pudding is in the eating, and what we care about is the
print appearance, not the monitor.

(This has certainly drifted from 'suckless file manager'.)

Cheers

noah