Re: [dev] [dwm] [bug] 5.9's first bug: magic float mode

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:29:56 -0400

> I can reproduce that fullscreen flash requires this. Flash creates a
> new window with "<unknown>" title and class and sets the
> _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN property. Maybe as a solution it makes sense to
> check for _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN property in manage() and set
> c->isfullscreen (and modify some layout functions). I stumbled on an
> old mailinglist post about this subject:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.suckless/2094 .

Ok, I can agree that flash fullscreen "window" is unknown, but does it
*require* this? I've been watching flash without that line for weeks.
Of course, if you *want* flash to float (for whatever god-forsaken reason)
then you'll have a hard time making it float, but why would you want this?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't reproduce a "problem" with flash in fullscreen
mode that this line of code would fix.

Peter

--
sic dicit magister P