Re: [dev] How to get windows opened on one tag?

From: Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:22:32 +0100

On 20 September 2011 08:53, Yue Wu <vanopen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
Hello.

> Sometimes I want to know all windows that I've opened on current tag, to
> know if a window has opened and decide to find and switch to it, so my
> question is how to get a list of opened windows names on current tag? The
> statusbar shows only current focus window name.

Apply the attached patch to config.h, and include the attached C file in
dwm.c somewhere just above the function implementations.

You might have to add the prototype for list_cur_tag somewhere in your
config.h too.

If you want dwm to constantly output the current client list to a file,
you'll have to use alarm(3), threads or something similar.

Rob