[dev] wmpus - a new cross platform wm

From: Andy Spencer <andy753421_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:23:25 +0000

Hello there,

I would like to point out a project I've started on for *yet another*
new window manager, called `wmpus' [1]. It's not actually a suckless
project, but I thought some folks here might be interested nonetheless.

The biggest feature is that it should be portable and work well with
different windowing systems. Besides that, it should support a variety
of window management modes, be easy to hack, and lay golden eggs.

Until now, I've been focusing on getting it to actually manage windows,
so many features are completely missing: There's currently no support
for settings or configuration files, no statusbar, very minimal window
decorations, lots of memory leaks, no `make install' rule, etc.

That being said, here's what does work:

 - Runs natively on X11 and MS Windows

 - Tiling window management similar to acme or wmii. That is, rows,
   columns, split/stack/max modes, multi-monitor support, limited
   support for tags

 - Support for some external statusbars such as dzen [2]

Any feedback will be appreciated. It should be easy enough to build for
X11 and there's a windows binary linked from the wiki for anyone brave
enough to try it out.

Thanks

[1] http://lug.rose-hulman.edu/code/projects/wmpus/wiki
[2] http://sites.google.com/site/gotmor/dzen