Re: [dev] [dwm] adding docking support

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:38:18 +0000

First, docking is generally useful for panels. Dwm sucks as a status
bar. Should the information displayed in the status bar not be
properties on the root window to dwm? A panel can then keep track of
_NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS = 2^(NUMBER_OF_TAGS)-1 (or just
NUMBER_OF_TAGS) and perhaps the current layout.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> setting aside the idiotic and arbitrary differentiation between a
> 'touch interface' and any other mouse-only interface,  we shold write
Touch interfaces don't keep track of a cursor, as hovering isn't
detected. They do thereby suck less than mouse interfaces. Both are
useless for programming and ranting, but are useful for mapping. I can
think of no other use atm.

+ On this ML, there's no such thing as setting aside.