[dev] st is slow in this particular case

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:36:09 -0400

Hi,

From what I can gather, there's a bit of confusion on whether st has
performance issues or not. Here's a clear case where it is slow on
my box:

split a tmux window into two panes. On the LHS edit a latex doc with
joe. On the RHS compile that latex doc with pdf2latex. I think it is
the scrolling alone that causes the lag, so you could do other things to
emulate it.

The problem: there's so much lag I can't do anything in my joe pane whilst
the latex stuff is compiling.

Peter

--
sic dicit magister P
University of Toronto / Fordham University