Re: [dev] [dwm] ncol layout

From: Thomas Dahms <thmsdhms_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:11:59 +0200

2011/10/29 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>:
> I'm not really convinced nmaster should be mainstream, rather I
> believe that bstack and tile are a better compromise, but I need to
> work with this setup a bit more during this weekend to make up my
> mind.

I never used the regular nmaster layout (ntile), but ncol is what I
use on screens with relatively high resolution. If your editor clients
don't need more than 80 characters width, having only two columns as
in standard tile mode is just wasting screen space.

Concerning bstack, I don't find any use for this with wide screens
(16:10 or even 16:9) becoming mainstream.

--
Thomas Dahms