Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:50:31 +0100

On 30/10/2011, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Apart from this, the boundary of 2kSLOC was chosen kind of randomly. I
> personally feel that an average mind like myself can grasp 2k SLOC
> easily and that this is a good strategy to keep the code readable and
> maintainable.

That reminds me: I think we need more comments. Although I have a fair
grasp of how dwm works, there are a few aspects which remain confusing
to me. Based on people's very positive reactions to my adding a bunch
of comments to dmenu recently, I think it would be a great idea to add
some to dwm, just explaining "what is going on"...

Documentation in general is where the suckless project is somewhat
lacking. It would be nice if we could make a group effort to write a
big chunk of documentation on how to use dwm and dmenu, maintaining
patch queues, and so on. We have a few pages on the site wiki, but
docs are *very* thin on the ground. And as a bonus we'd probably get
fewer people on IRC repeatedly asking the same questions.

cls