Re: [dev] [dwm] ncol layout

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:02:49 +0100

When nmaster was released I was a heavy user of it.. And definitively when I stopped using it I didnt really miss it.

I find it useful just in few situations, like when coding on 4:3 screen and needing to read a manpage or src and another src at the same time.

Another use was to get a 2|1 layout instead of 1|N..

Then I realized that nmaster was not useful because it was killing my browser+downloads list tag. I wrote a patch that allowed me to force just N tiled windows as visible.

This patch is named cpt aka clients per tag. This patch probably the one it was more productive as long as I could open many windows in a single tag and toggle the visible ones to just the first 3 ones.

Some people would say that this patch was just because a missuse of the tagging paradigm, but i find it more comfortable.

Well.. Those are my 5bc to the thread