Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:32:27 +0000

On 10/31/11, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> »And as long as the markup is terse« is a never fulfilled requirement.
> But surely, extending roff with runtime shellscripts will extend its
> usefulness. It's like Qt vs. plain C – redundancy vs. lean code.

If someone wants to write ugly code we can't stop him. But what's
wrong with supporting handwritten HTML documentation?
I'm not proposing using autogenerated HTML recursively populated with
divs by JavaScript. The only argument in favor of roff is widespread
deplayment of groff. That's not enough reason to reject HTML
documentation, in special considering widespread deployment of HTML
viewers.