Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 20:49:06 -0000

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:05:17 -0000, <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Print versions, where they exist, are the sanest solution in my
> experience. Wikipedia is a nice example. I have a bookmark, which sends
> me directly there. Not perfect though, because links point to
> non-printable versions of the article. Shame.

In that case you need to include a statement of your preferring
non-interactive (and generally simple and sane) representations of
resources in your requests for articles (as an HTTP header). Try sending a
mail to Wikimedia and the WHATWG or the HTML WG of W3C.

Your requests should something like:
GET /wiki/Ragnarök_(software) HTTP/1.0
Host: en.wikipedia.org
Accept-media: not interactive

Add paged and monochrome per taste. Such proposal would probably be
answered by blaming Mediawiki's use of omnimedia stylesheets, instead of
providing a stylesheet for each medium, and lack of semantic markup that
can be styled by user agents (that don't give a shit how Wikimedia staff
thinks Wikipedia content should be laid out).