Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Hadrian Węgrzynowski <hadrian_AT_hawski.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 09:42:15 +0100

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:14:12 +1100
Alex Hutton <highspeeddub_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

>It has occured to me that web-servers should be sending the content in
>json format, with the first page load on the site loading a html page
>with the json handler in the head. Then if you didn't like the UI
>provided by the site you could replace it with your own by using your
>own JS and handling the json in your own way.

What's the difference between replacing UI in json using your own JS
and replacing UI in HTML/CSS using your own JS? That's not the point.

We would need something more like Markdown web or gopher... We want
content! Presentation could be only client's issue.
If somebody likes Apple look then every site could look like one.
If one likes plain text look then every site could look like one.

But that's not going to happen if we are facing now Web 2.0 Apps
Cloud Ultra Fancy...

That's 3rd or 4th different topic in this thread.