Re: [dev] Suckless Desktop Environment

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:17:51 +0100

* Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> [2011-11-07 20:23]:
> terminology to make suckless more usable for the press. [...] Instead
> a whole environment could be promoted, which is usable across
> platforms.

Why?

Promote to whom?

What is your final goal: to educate the masses in order to get better
web, better software, better user habits, sth. else? Do you believe it
is worth trying?

> This will lower the user selection we are used to, but it gives us an
> identity, that can be referred to and used for spreading propaganda /
> the idea.

This suggests, there exists some user selection by making things
obscure, hard to find, by hiding something. I rather see the conceptual
clarity and cleanness of the suckless concepts to attract people.

cheers.
--
 stanio_