Re: [dev] wmii + ruby 1.9.3 = no power woes!

From: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:12:16 +0800

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world_AT_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > hm. I see. So your argument was to disown wmii, because this *specific*
> > configuration - and NOT wmii itself - requires ruby. Alright.
>
> No, I want to disown wmii because it's a bloated >30ksloc monstrosity
> that engenders other lesser monstrosities, such as this ruby idiocy.
> There is nothing "suckless" about any aspect of modern wmii and I
> can't wait for it to go away from here.

Could you perhaps list or explain some of those other lesser monstrosities?

-jf

and if you use the program, he is your master."
    --Richard Stallman
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not
help."
    -- Andrew Fear, Software Product Manager, NVIDIA Corporation
http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228