Re: [dev] [dwm] mapping wm state, and other stories

From: Matthew Bauer <mjbauer95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 22:25:21 -0600

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:

> I sometimes wonder whether it would be simpler to just make
> _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN switch dwm into monocle mode. Forcing one
> window to be at the front very often leads me to accidentally focus
> and interact with window hidden behind it. Which is why I think
> floating windows ought to be able to be behind tiled windows, too.

For anyone interested in trying this out, I made a patch that
implements this way of handling fullscreen windows.

It should work with vanilla dwm. (r1586)

It just replaces the setfullscreen function so the bar is hidden and
the client is focused in monocle view.
Windows usually don't ask for fullscreen when I don't want them too
but maybe that's just me.