Re: [dev] [dmenu] Keyboard Bindings

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:08:04 +0100

On 20/11/2011, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> pathnames often contain dots - and IRIs even more so. Reserving the dot is
> not an option IMHO.
>
> Would you ever use character sets or classes in dmenu? I most certainly
> won't.

Indeed, I think the nature of dmenu is very different from grep, since
it is very interactive. grep is a command, whereas dmenu is an
interface, and I think they need to be treated differently.

A while back I did write a dmenu patch which uses regcomp(3), which I
could rustle together for you if you'd like. It won't ever be in
mainline, though.

cls