Re: [dev] dmenu's lsx binary naming conflicts with lrzsz!

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:37:57 -0900

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 09:33:50PM +0100, hiro wrote:
>> minicom & ckermit are still very useful in today's society.
>
>No, minicom is not useful. I never managed to remember any of their
>stupid keybindings.
>Of course screen is bloated in other ways, but what do you have against picocom?

Nothing against picocom at all. Ditto concerning all the ridiculous
keybindings of minicom, as to why I've always preferred ckermit.

But seems I'm having problems with the escape key bindings sequence within GNU
Screen.

With ckermit/kermit, I can do ctrl+\ then c and will disconnect from the remote
device.

However, I have issues with trying to manually disconnecting from the remote
device when using picocom or GNU Screen. Yup, even ctrl+a+a then \ doesn't
work. Granted, I do enjoy the smaller packages.

<shrugs> I have ckermit installed and working once again.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/