Re: [dev] Some 2wm questions

From: Bert Münnich <be.muennich_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:25:44 +0100

On 01.11.11, Connor Lane Smith wrote:
> 2wm is very old and completely unsupported, so I doubt there are
> patches like this. It would be awesome if there were a dwm 'stereo
> patch', though.

I've tried 2wm some time ago, liked the concept but got fed up with its
old code base. So I wrote a small dwm -> 2wm (d2wm) conversion patch.

The patch simply changes toggle{tag,view}, so that they move the current
client to the other tag / change the view to the other tag.

Some additional lines in the patch overwrite the tagnames with the
number of clients attached to the tag.

The patch also changes some mouse and keybindings in config.def.h, most
importantly Mod-{Shift-}Space for toggle{view,tag}, so that one can
directly try it out.

Bert