Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:44:26 +0100

* hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> [2011-11-02 10:11]:
> > I once envisioned a Plugin to directly go to "Print Views" of websites,
> > since they tend to have considerably less suck on them.
>
> I used to do the same thing, also I processed these pages with a few
> scripts and htmlfmt.

Do you mean, you plug somehow a script in surf (or whatever), before it
renders the page? How?

Or you process them for offline reading, printing, etc., losing links?

I find myself very often spawn a w3m or lynx when I encounter lengthly
content worth reading, with one of those 3+ columns layout, without
print version, which, to make it more ridiculous, are defined with
static width of left and right columns, so that zooming just makes it
worse.

This doesn't help when there are meaningful images, e.g. formulas, in
the text, though.

cheers,
--
 stanio_