Re: [dev] [wmii] widgets with graphics?

From: dtk <dtk_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:25:13 +0100

On 12/22/2011 05:32 PM, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> On Thu 22 Dec 2011 02:44:54 PM PST, dtk wrote:
>> is there a way to have widgets in the status bar display images
>> instead of utf8 symbols?
>
> I gave up on this approach for DWM and used dzen2 as my status bar
> instead: https://github.com/sunaku/.dwm/blob/master/dwm-statusbar
>
> (Pictured at bottom of this screenshot: http://ompldr.org/vYnUyNg)
>
> dzen2 supports XBM and XPM images, which I use from sm4tik's icon set:
> https://github.com/sunaku/.dwm/tree/master/dwm-statusbar-icons

Uh. I like your differently colored symbols. Feeling a bit girlish today
;P Actually, I'm quite happy with your Rumai widgets right now,
displaying dialogs with gmessage instead of xmessage for some eye candy
and linking right click actions to gnome gui tools (power preferences
comes handy with the battery widget). Might pimp them with some color ;)

Thx anyway, might get handy if I have to drop WMII in the end :(
dtk