Re: [dev] wmii falling out of favor

From: dtk <dtk_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:13:04 +0100

On 12/22/2011 05:54 PM, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> On Thu 22 Dec 2011 04:36:55 PM PST, dtk wrote:
>> I just cannot see how to do the stuff I feel I need with static
>> layouts. And since I don't believe that manual layouts are what
>> bloat wmii, I fail to understand why I cannot haz them :/ Worse, I
>> fail to see why I'm the only one who wants them *lonely* -.-
>
> Well, you're not alone. I'm another WMII expatriate and I'm still
> not completely used to DWM's lack of on-the-fly tag creation:
> especially when some new random task comes up and all of my tags are
> currently occupied. I'm forced to go to the least important tag and
> perform my new task there while tip-toeing around existing stuff.

Yeah, well, really don't see me doin' that kind of stuff after I had a
taste of WMII. How could I? Real show stopper for me. I assume, cls'
suggestion of having 32 (hidden) static tags and renaming them at
runtime might serve for a compromise. That whole static layouts thing,
tho... :/

> The holidays are coming up, so maybe I'll finally write a patch. :)

;) Merry Xmas
dtk