[dev] ST issue and fix

From: Luis Anaya <papoanaya_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 05:33:03 +0000

Hello List:

I have been compiling some of the suckless utilities in a PogoPlug device. It runs Linux and there is a tool chain available for download, including the
development libraries for X. However, I noticed that st dumps core upon start, hence I decided to investigate. (On an unrelated issue, the same problem seems
to occur in dmenu version 4.0, 3.0 worked fine in the same environment).

On stack trace I discovered that it was failing on XCreateIC, it as because the previous call, XOpenIM was returning null back. To make a long story short, it seems to be an issue with the setlocale call. The following fix (attached) is based on a similar fix for fltk which I found while researching on the problem.

On the suckless website stated to post it here, hence this email. The developers responsible for st might want to check it out, but certainly I hope that it helps.

Luis Anaya


Received on Tue Mar 06 2012 - 06:33:03 CET

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Tue Mar 06 2012 - 06:36:04 CET