Re: [dev] Suckless ML archiver?

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:46:56 +0100

[2012-03-17 16:06] Scott Lawrence <bytbox_AT_gmail.com>
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Anselm R Garbe wrote:

> >> A single message in mbox format? Or a single message in RFC5322 format (as
> >> typically found in mboxes)? Or single message in not-quite-standard format
> >> (such as used by pipermail behind the scenes)?
> >
> > Sorry for the confusion, it is rfc5322 format.

That means, if you add a `.mh_sequences' file, then you have an MH
mail folder -- great.

> Oh, if it's just rfc5322, then a simple 'cat' won't do (slark expects an
> actual mbox ATM).

If you have nmh installed, then you can use packf(1) to generate an
mbox, even to stdout (packf -file /dev/stdout | ...)

AFAIK the differences between an mbox containing one message and a
plain RFC822 message (MH mail store format) are the `From ' line (line
number 1) and that each subsequenc line starting with ``From '' will
be prefixed with `>'. Awk will convert the format easily for you.

meillo