Re: [dev] some wmiirc scripts

From: papoanaya <papoanaya_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:08:32 -0400

One of the most powerful strengths of open source software is that it never gets 100% obsolete. As long as the source is available, you always have the choice of download it, compile it and tailor in a way that fits your needs.

I use wmii as well, it is because it works well in small screens. I use it on my Eee 701SD which has a 7 inch screen. The killer feature is its ability to stack windows in stacked mode. This allows to move across windows in a single workspace as if you were reading the cards in a rolodex. Although it also allows for panelizing and floating modes, it is the stack mode that makes it suitable for this screen size.

I also compiled wmi, because I needed to run in a computer in which X does not have xrandr support. It works pretty good as well even though it is considered legacy.

My 2 cents...

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T