Re: [dev] st utf8 printing

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:15:04 +0100

Quoth Stephen Paul Weber:
> My st install prints some utf8 chars fine (like ©) but others (like …) itt
> has trouble with.

I *think* that would be because rxvt-unicode falls back to another
font if the one you specify doesn't have a glyph it wants. So the
characters st isn't printing aren't actually in terminus. I'm
guessing, though.

Having st fall back to another font if it needs a glyph would be
useful.

Incidentally for some reason unifont completely screws up in st. I'd
love to find out why, but don't have the time to look into it.
Someone should, as it'd be good to fix.

Nick