Re: [dev] st utf8 printing

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:10:47 -0500

Somebody claiming to be Nick wrote:
>Quoth Stephen Paul Weber:
>> My st install prints some utf8 chars fine (like ©) but others (like …) itt
>> has trouble with.
>
>I *think* that would be because rxvt-unicode falls back to another
>font if the one you specify doesn't have a glyph it wants. So the
>characters st isn't printing aren't actually in terminus. I'm
>guessing, though.

Huh, weird. What st does print (!D, and it sort of messes up formatting of
characters right after it) makes very little sense to me, but that could be
it. I'm not super-attached to Terminus, I just don't know any other X fixed
fonts with big font sizes available.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted