[dev] A tiny IRC connection tool

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:44:15 +0100

Hey all,

I've written a tiny (90 SLOC) tool for connecting to an IRC server and
streaming the connection over stdin/stdout, while responding to (and
filtering out) pings. I just wrote this so I could write simpler IRC
bots without having to worry about TCP, pings, or having to reconnect
every time I want to re-exec when I update the bot. The auto-ping also
works well for logging. I don't know, it might come in handy for
someone.

Thanks,
cls