Re: [dev] A tiny IRC connection tool

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:45:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012, Connor Lane Smith wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've written a tiny (90 SLOC) tool for connecting to an IRC server and
> streaming the connection over stdin/stdout, while responding to (and
> filtering out) pings. I just wrote this so I could write simpler IRC
> bots without having to worry about TCP, pings, or having to reconnect
> every time I want to re-exec when I update the bot. The auto-ping also
> works well for logging. I don't know, it might come in handy for
> someone.

How does it compare to the other two suckless minimalist IRC tools?:

http://tools.suckless.org/sic - simple IRC client - ~250 SLOC
http://tools.suckless.org/ii/ - IRC It - ~500 SLOC

I haven't used any of them, but it sounds like yours does roughly the
same thing `sic` does. (Auto-ping is different?)

--
Best,
Ben