Re: [dev] I messed up...used glib, dbus, and friends. Need help to fix this mistake

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 18:13:47 +0100

Hey,

On 16 May 2012 17:23, Amit Uttamchandani <amit.uttamchandani_AT_my.csun.edu> wrote:
> GIO/gvfs had interfaces to do mounts asynchronously and call a callback
> function when it was done.

Separate concerns: mount with mount, parallelise with pthreads (or
similar). Having to build asynchronicity into each function suggests
you're doing something very wrong, in one way or another.

> > popen(3), or just fork/dup2/exec.
> Is there a way to do these asynchronously?

You can't get more asynchronous than a separate running process, can you?

> I used a lot of the join and cat functions from the glib library. Not
> currently using any regexes.

string.h has a number of join and cat functions. Even if it doesn't
have exactly what you need, it's trivial to write your own. Trivial
enough that the dependency is simply not worth it.

cls