Re: [dev] dwm tip changes

From: Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:34:06 +0200

On 24 June 2012 11:01, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand your remark. The newly introduced limitation addresses
> the moving/resizing by mouse only.

Ah, I see. I don't use the mouse for what I described, so as long as
full screen windows can still be tiled my use case is covered. Great!

> The issue here is really that we are dealing with broken concepts.
> Apps that provide a better UI in fullscreen mode should be fixed to do
> so in normal screen mode imho.
>
> The new approach seems conceptually clearer, as it makes no compromise
> for the category of clients that destroy the window on re-adjustment.

I cannot judge the cost of additional complexity to dwm's source. But
I think being able to use certain sucky apps in 'full-screen-tiling'
mode actually makes the world suck a little bit less. I don't believe
e.g. evince or chromium will be 'fixed' anytime soon in this regard.

Cheers,
Arian