Re: Regarding "make"-systems [Was: Re: [dev] Build system: redo]

From: Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:00:39 +0200

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
>> This whole topic is so silly, just use a language that doesn't need
>> any of this nonsense, like Go.
>
> Are you insinuating that Go is the best choice for all projects,

For all projects, obviously not. But for most projects Go is by far
the least bad choice.

> regardless of requirements? Or just that C is never the right choice?

C is still the right choice some times, but rarely it is a better
choice than Go.

And in such cases, make and mk have worked just fine for decades, so
all this discussion about build systems mostly a waste of time.

All that said, I do like redo, I just don't see that much use for it,
and I'm not interested in using it unless it is implemented in a sane
language like C, rc or Go.

Uriel