[dev] dwm -> greetings, column patch

From: Noah Rosser <noah.rosser_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:52:55 -0400

Greeting all, go easy on me I'm an open source newb. Enjoyed reading dwm
philosophy, great to see some kindred spirits out there.

Just recently disovered dwm, enjoy using it. I was excited about the
'column' patch, which matched how I wanted to work, but disappointed that
it didn't respect the master width % setting (mfact). But managed to hack
the patch until it did. So now I can get the 'master' portion of screen
divided into even columns based on master #, with the leftover (and
different column width) space dedicated to stack. This was how I
originally expected the column patch to work, as opposed to merely dividing
the screen into equal columns.

So it seems to be working for me, though its possible I missed some edge
cases. If anyone wants the patch or wants to add it to the site, just tell
me what to do. If not, that's cool too, just thought I'd offer.