[dev] Re: Starch has a web site

From: Strake <strake888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:18:24 -0500

Julian Dammann wrote:
> What's a 9p feed?

that I serve my news directory over 9p (^_~)

Truls Becken wrote:
> Where should discussions take place?
> The home page does not mention any community links.

Well, we have none yet, but we have a few options:

* Mailing list
My preferred, but as the site is on someone else's server, and
unfortunately I had to delegate them the whole domain, this may be
difficult.

* werc bridge
Tried it; not sure how to configure it. I had the form but posting a
comment failed.
I may try further in future, but mind, I will be busy with exams for
the next 11 days or so.

> The installation guideline suggests using the Arch installer. That's fine, but I'd just like to mention that I always found it fascinating how you can install Arch by booting any Linux system you have at hand (an existing installation or some live cd), download a static build of pacman, mount the partition you want to install on, and simply run; ./pacman -S base -r /mnt

Yes, true. I added a note to InstallationGuide.

> All the best with this new distro.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Strake