Re: [dev] [st] Unexpected Insert key behavior in mc

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:43:23 +0100

> > I did "git pull" before compiling today. Since I did not do install previously
> > I have tested it after doing install, thus with updated terminfo, it still does
> > not work correctly. My term is st-256color .
> >

> same here with st-256color.
>
> I'm half way planning to look into this once more tonight. Thanks for
> the hint with mc, I'll use that (beside bash and sandy) for reference.
> Also also take note of entries in your ~/.terminfo which will take
> precedence afaik.

Could you send here the output of infocmp command?. If Insert or delete are not
working is due some mismatch between the values generated by st and the
terminfo entry. For delete the important value is dhc1, that should be \E[P;
in the instert case the important value is ich1, that should be \E[2~.

You can test what values st is generating using cat:

cat >/dev/tty
^[= #this sequence enables the keypad application mode
^[[1h #this sequence enables the cursor application mode
                #you can check now what values each key generate

(^[ of counse means the esc key)