Re: [dev] [st] Unexpected Insert key behavior in mc

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:25:10 +0100

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero
<k0ga_AT_shike2.com> wrote:

> Could you send here the output of infocmp command?. If Insert or delete are not
> working is due some mismatch between the values generated by st and the
> terminfo entry. For delete the important value is dhc1, that should be \E[P;
> in the instert case the important value is ich1, that should be \E[2~.
>
> You can test what values st is generating using cat:
>
> cat >/dev/tty
> ^[= #this sequence enables the keypad application mode
> ^[[1h #this sequence enables the cursor application mode
> #you can check now what values each key generate

Guys, um

Since we had these two discussions goin on parallel, my guts told me
to revert my patch to config.h today. Then I did something a bit
different. It now works for both sandy and mc correctly, likewise for
DEL, INS and HOME which were making trouble yesterday. Attached is the
patch which works here. Please test and report back.

cheers!
mar77i