Re: [dev] [dwmstatus] Mail counter

From: Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:08:53 +0100

Raphael Proust <raphlalou_AT_gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
>> Please, use English while programming. There is no justification for lo‐
>> calized sourcecode.
>
> I am trying to come up with one, but it's hard. Obfuscation maybe?

I can think of two cases, but both are quite specific:

  * Education, particularly oriented towards young children who do not
    yet know English. It is, of course, an interesting debate whether
    it is more important to learn programming or English first.

  * Code in a domain-specific-language to be used by non-programmers.
    If the domain is very technical, with a large number of unique terms
    (for example, law), translating said terms to English may render the
    language less comprehensible and harder to use.

In the general case, and the specific case of Suckless, English should
be used.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen