Re: [dev] [dwmstatus] Mail counter

From: <7heo_AT_mail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:27:47 +0100

On 12/22/2012 09:00 AM, Thuban wrote:
> First of all, thank you for your patience with the beginner I am,
> because I still have a lot to learn.
>
> Concerning French parts, you're right, it's a big mistake. I just forgot
> to translate comments.
You did a mistake indeed, but it's not where you think it is: You didn't
forget to translate your comments and else, you wrote them in French at
the first place. No matter what your teachers might have told you, it's
very important to *code* in english. Aside from one or two programming
languages, all programming languages have been designed for a US_en
locale, with a qwerty US keyboard (if you doubt it, take a look at the
qwerty US layout, you'll notice that the keys you need for programming
(~, ^, &, etc, . and <, > also, etc) are way easier to access than with
an azerty layout.

So please forget those frenchies extremists who think that france == the
world; and start thinking outside of the box ;)

Oh and one last note. If your english is not fluent enough to write
detailed meaningful comments... just write the bare minimum for the
reader to understand why you did what you did. Afterall, less is more,
and anyway, "If your code needs a comment to be understood, it would be
better to rewrite it so it's easier to understand. " - Rob Pike (source:
http://doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/pikestyle - "Comments" section. I'd
recommend the reading, the whole page/site is very interesting).

--
7heo